Monday, March 28, 2011

Ranch Bacon Chicken Pizza

Before you even think you can't, YES you can make pizza. I've been cooking them since I was a kid.

How to make the crust
Sorry I didn't take pictures of these steps.

Start with a crust kit.



I sometimes use the thin crust. I can tell a difference in the two packs. but I just buy whatever is on sale.

Add 1/2 cup of HOT water. Mix until blended. Sometimes you have to add a little more water. If you get it too wet add a little flour. Once you have it mixed add a Tablespoon of olive oil. Cover with a towel and let rise for 5 minutes. Then you will need to stretch it out. I have a Pampered Chef round stone that I cook my pizzas on. If you don't have any kind of round pan just make a rectangle pizza on a cookie sheet. You will want to roll up the edges to have a little bit of crust. You'll notice in my pictures below that mine isn't a perfect circle :)

I usually top my pizza with the typical toppings - pepperoni, sauce, olives, mushrooms, and cheese. Last summer when we had ripe tomatoes and fresh basil I started using them with a white sauce. Artichoke and white sauce is great too.As I've been looking at other food blogs I've noticed several pizza recipes that were using ranch as the sauce. I took several of their ingredients and made my own.

Ranch Bacon Chicken Pizza
What you need:

Pizza Crust
1/4 cup Ranch (Joel only allows me to buy Hidden Valley)
1 cooked chicken breast, diced
5 slices of bacon
1 Roma tomato
Mozzarella Cheese
Cheddar Cheese

Start by cooking the bacon & chicken. While that is cooking start the crust. (See directions above) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Once the chicken and bacon are done let them drain. I HATE greasy pizza! Once most of the grease as drained dice the chicken and crumbly the bacon.

When the dough has risen make out your crust. Put the ranch on the pizza has the sauce. Then add the bacon & chicken. I cut up a tomato as well. Then top with about 2cups of mozzarella and a cup of cheddar.




Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is brown & the cheese is bubbly and melted.



I only put 3 slices of bacon on ours but we didn't think it was enough. 5 slices might not be enough either if your family loves bacon. Enjoy!

Oh & sorry my pictures are so blurry this time. I promise to do better Tracey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment